Girls Rock: Worldwide
Girls Rock Camp is a global movement that’s been gathering momentum since the first camp was launched in Portland, Oregon in 2001. Primarily a music camp, Girls Rock helps women and girls* build self-esteem and find their voices through collaboration in a fun, non-competitive environment. The camps offer a unique programme combining:
- music education
- live performance
- empowerment & social justice workshops
- leadership skill building
Music is the means through which the movement seeks to create a positive impact at both a personal and community level. Girls Rock is currently present in more than 100 cities with camps happening every year all around the world, including 10 European countries (11 in June! ;)).
The organisation that supports and coordinates this global movement is the Girls Rock Camp Alliance.
Girls Rock builds girls*’ self-esteem through music creation and performance. Providing workshops and technical training, we create leadership opportunities, cultivate a supportive community of peers and mentors, and encourage social change and the development of life skills.
Our Core Values
- We value the power of music as a means to create personal and social change;
- We value efforts that actively expand opportunities for girls and women*;
- We value positive approaches to fighting sexism;
- We value integrity, honesty and respect;
- We value appropriate sharing of resources, cooperation, and collaboration;
- We value using our collective voice to further our mission;
- We value diversity.